Four bedroom barn conversion in Shillinglee, near Haslemere, Surrey, with road and rail links to London
Grade II listed 18th century barn conversion with a wealth of character two miles from the village of Chiddingfold in Surrey, near the towns of Haslemere and Witley, and less than an hour away from London by train
The Gallery is a well appointed Grade II listed family home, cleverly converted from an 18th Century barn.
Located just two miles from Chiddingfold village with Haslemere town centre and mainline station approx. four and a half miles away, (London Waterloo 53 minutes) and Witley station around three and a half miles miles away (London Waterloo 55 minutes).
The Gallery is an attractive Grade II listed family home, converted in 1989 from an 18th Century barn, constructed of brick elevations under a clay tiled roof. The house boasts a wealth of character including exposed brick work, arrow-slit windows and an abundance of exposed beams.
• Galleried entrance hall - the impressive entrance hall is galleried and triple volume and leads via double doors into the bright and welcoming 29 ft kitchen / breakfast / family room.
• Kitchen / breakfast / family room - the kitchen has hand painted wooden units and a central island with hob. The breakfast area and sitting room are open plan to the kitchen, ideal for entertaining and contemporary family living. Glazed doors to the terrace and gardens.
• Office / Games room - on the second floor with exposed beams, the velux windows in the roof overlook the rear gardens. Currently a home office / playroom with broadband connection but could be a sitting room or games room.
• Master bedroom with shower room en suite - the en suite has been recently refurbished with a modern white suite and Amtico flooring.
• Three further bedrooms
• Family bathroom - recently refurbished with modern white suite and Amtico flooring.
• Car port and timber store converted from the original cattle byre
• Secluded private garden - predominantly to the rear of the property and well screened by high hedging. Mainly laid to lawn with a terrace immediately adjoining the rear of the house with rose and herbaceous beds and a mature climbing wisteria. There is a further decked terrace at the far end of the garden that attracts the sun from midday, and a childrens play area.
• Communal grounds and communal parking - a gate at the rear of the garden leads to the communal courtyard where there is parking for several vehicles and the garaging demised to The Gallery.
• At the front of the house there is a small garden with borders to either side of a brick path leading to the main entrance. There are climbing roses and wisteria to the west elevations.
• The Gallery is situated in the hamlet of Shillinglee, an area of outstanding natural beauty, some two miles south of Chiddingfold village and four and a half miles to the east of Haslemere.
• The A3 London to Portsmouth road can be accessed at Milford giving good communications to Heathrow, Gatwick, the M25, London and the south coast.
• There is a fine selection of both private and state schools in the area including St Ives, St Edmunds, The Heights, Amesbury and the Royal School (both junior and senior).
• Sporting facilities include golf at West Surrey and Liphook, racing at Goodwood and Fontwell, polo at Cowdray Park and sailing off the south coast at Chichester.
• There are excellent theatres at Guildford and Chichester.
Services: Mains water and electricity, private drainage. Calor-gas fired central heating to radiators. There is an annual service charge of £400, paid quarterly, for the management of the communal grounds and shared facilities.