Luxury barn conversion near Isfield, East Sussex
Grade II listed barn, converted to create a five bedroom property and set in a small exclusive development near Uckfield
Bulit in 2019, this stunning Grade II listed barn conversion has been finished to an exceptionally high standard and is situated in a small former farm buildings development at New House Farm, on Buckham Hill.
This former cattle barn has brick and weather boarded elevations and has been converted and extended to create a luxurious home with approximately 3,600 sq ft of accommodation. The barn has a delightful blend of traditional style and contemporary design and benefits from full height glazing to the front and rear aspects delivering an abundance of light and space. It further benefits from underfloor heating and has CAT 6 wiring throughout.
Most of the accommodation of this five bedroom, four bathroom property is to be found on the ground floor. The front door is surrounded by full-height windows set into the barn's old cart doors.
• Open plan dining room / kitchen: formed from the original barn, this magnificent room has a wealth of original oak beams, vaulted ceilings and lots of light coming through the remote controlled windows. The bespoke kitchen has quartz worktops, Neff appliances and an island perfect for entertaining.
• Stairs from the dining room lead to a mezzanine living area.
• Utility room
• Stairs from inner hallway lead to a bedroom which has an en suite bathroom. All the other bedrooms are on the ground floor.
• Sitting room: a light and airy triple aspect room with a high vaulted ceiling and has doors to the rear garden and a door to the courtyard.
• Stairs from the sitting room lead to a mezzanine study.
• Master bedroom with a dressing room and an en suite bathroom with a freestanding bath and large separate shower cubicle
• Three further ground floor bedrooms, one with an en suite shower room.
• Family bathroom
Set in 0.2 acres, the barn is accessed via the development's shared driveway.
Lawns front and back are laid with top of the range pet friendly artificial grass for total ease of maintenance and upkeep, especially if you travel a lot. The courtyard garden is fully enclosed.
This property has two huge garages, that can each hold four cars each, perfect for a car collector. The garages are held on a leasehold basis as they form part of a larger farm building which is owned separately (100 year lease from 2019, expires 2119).
New House Farm is in a rural location to the north end of the East Sussex village of Isfield, but is not secluded and enjoys easy access to local amenities.
Isfield has a community farm shop and public house. and the market town of Uckfield is less than four miles away and has supermarkets, shops, cinema, leisure centre and railway station.