Partly converted barn for sale, Swaffham, Norfolk
A partly converted barn and piggery with land in Sporle, near Swaffham and King's Lynn, Norfolk
Offers over £650,000
Option to purchase additional 9 acres of agricultural land (stms)
Wolferton Barn is a beautiful, spacious, original farm building (circa 1850) with full planning permission, set in approx. 16.5 acres (stms) of land which is available in two lots:
Lot 1: Barn with residential plot of 2.7 acres plus front field of approximately four acres. Offers over £600 000
Lot 2: Approximately nine acres. Price negotiable as a whole or by separate sale.
This former barn and piggery has already had much of the hard work done having been partially converted to first fix stage. It offers a unique and exciting opportunity to finish the barn to your own taste and create a bespoke family home with land for leisure pursuits or small business venture.
The main barn consists of a two-storey brick building featuring large opposing north south facing central window, open plan ground floor, central atrium with mezzanine and three large bedrooms.
The adjoining single-story former piggery, with exterior larch wood cladding provides three further bedrooms and living space.
The total floor space is in excess of 400m2 (stms). Barn floor plans are available.
Work already completed
All structural work has been carried out on the barn and work is now at first fix stage. Every care and attention to detail has been taken in the planning and execution of the work carried out to date with architect certification at each stage for work completed.
The barn has retained the character of the farm building with vaulted ceilings and some structural oak beams exposed whilst providing a light open plan contemporary living space.
The windows and doors are bespoke oak framed, handmade and installed by local joiners.
The building has been insulated to far exceed building regulations. Conservation rooflights and large windows provide views and light to all aspects across surrounding countryside.
Solar thermal panels have been installed to the south facing roof and a heat recovery ventilation system installed throughout, to further enhance the efficiency and eco credentials of the design.
• Oak framed glass door to side entrance leading into boot room.
• Door to open plan lower floor – kitchen, walk-in pantry, dining area in central atrium with mezzanine over, lounge with dual aspect wood burner with brick fireplace creating sensitive divide between dining and lounge areas. Opposing full height sliding doors facing south and north to garden and fields.
• From the lounge a door leads on to a further unconverted room potentially providing an additional snug / library with views over fields to the west.
• Stairs lead up from the central space to the first-floor mezzanine with countryside views to the south and north. Upstairs accommodation consists of two large double bedrooms, family bathroom and large master bedroom with en-suite.
From the boot room, a double height corridor leads to:
• Wet-room / toilet
• Utility / laundry room
• Two large double bedrooms with shared bathroom.
• Potential for separate annexe at this point with an open-plan kitchen / lounge / diner with wood burner and exposed beams and a further large double bedroom, walk-in cupboard space and wet-room / bathroom. All rooms in the Piggery have French doors onto the courtyard garden.
Residential plot surrounding barn approx 2.7 acres.
South Field: approximately four acres is mainly pasture with some separate areas set with wide variety perennial soft fruits, and orchard of Norfolk heritage fruit trees. The field is fully hedged and a shelter belt of broadleaf native trees has been planted around the perimeter. This south field and gardens surrounding barn is part of Lot 1.
North Field: approximately nine acres agricultural land – offered as separate Lot 2, or negotiable as one sale.
The barn is set on outskirts of the small rural village of Sporle, with excellent road and rail links to Cambridge, London and Norwich (35 miles).
Sporle with Paulgrave is two miles from the market town of Swaffham and 18 miles from King's Lynn.
The area is well provided with primary, secondary and further education establishments in nearby villages and market towns.
The beautiful North Norfolk coast is 25 minutes and many long-distance footpaths are accessible within minutes of the property.
Viewing of this exceptional and unique property is highly recommended.
Seller: Jocelyn Marshall
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
return to Norfolk barn listings