Swanton Abbott, near Norwich, Norfolk
Three bedroom barn conversion with self contained cottage in Swanton Abbott, Norfolk
return to East Of England barn listings
return to Norfolk barn listings
A U-shaped development of a three bedroom barn with office / games room and study, plus self-contained cottage, two garages and a log store all set off the beaten track in the heart of lovely North Norfolk countryside
Converted from redundant farm buildings in 2003, the barn has been beautifully restored and well-designed.
The property consists of a three bedroom barn, a self contained cottage, office / games room and study and two garages and is in a great location for those seeking a secluded home.
is situated in a small hamlet and looks out over open fields.
With wide open spaces it is ideal for children and dogs and there are lovely walks and cycle rides in the immediate vicinity. It's well away from main roads, so the peace and quiet is an outstanding feature!
Nearest shops are a five minute drive away. The barn is just a 20-minute drive from the beautiful city of Norwich, the Norfolk Broads and the North Norfolk coast.
As well as an enclosed courtyard garden, there is a large lawned area in front of the barn and a gravelled driveway with plenty of off-road parking space.
The barn features the following:
• Two extremely spacious double / family bedrooms, one with ensuite bath with whirlpool bath and shower over, the other with ensuite shower. Built- in cupboards. Velux windows with blinds.
• Downstairs single bedroom with ensuite shower.
• Well-designed eat-in kitchen with Aga and custom-built units
• Large sitting room / diner with woodburning stove and French doors leading to walled, enclosed courtyard garden
• Oil-fired central heating
• Wood flooring throughout
At the end of the barn (and with a separate entrance) are two rooms which can be used as an office / study and games or storeroom.
Two spacious garages and log store.
Next to the barn is a self-contained open-plan cottage sleeping 1 or 2 with ensuite shower room, bedroom area, dining / seating area and well-equipped kitchen.