Unconverted 18th century barn with plans for conversion in Great Ellingham, Norfolk
Asking price £225,000-£250,000
The 452nd Barns, comprise of two circa 200-year barns and a cart shed, constructed from traditional clay lump and hand thrown pantiles.
Named in homage to the USAAF 452nd Airforce Group who flew B17 Flying Fortresses out of WWII Deopham airfield, the property is located at the southerly tip of the old main runway.
Planning / Accommodation
The barns are offered with full planning permission (applied for) for conversion to a four / five bedroom dwelling. The proposed conversion offers in excess of 2,080 sq ft of internal ground space allowing for a substantial dwelling and the architects drawings and full structural survey are included in the sale.
In summary, the proposed accommodation comprises:
• Double height sitting room separated from dining room by open bookcase
• Utility room
• Two ground floor bedrooms
• Master suite with en-suite and Juliet balcony
• Double bedroom
• Galleried study / bedroom five
• Family bathroom
Set on a plot of just over a ¼ of an acre.
452nd Barns is set in a peaceful rural locale at the southerly tip of the historic WWII Deopham Airfield, but benefits from its location on the edge of the large and thriving village of Great Ellingham which has an excellent primary school (just over 150 pupils) and a friendly local gastropub. It is also within the catchment area for Wymondham College.
The village is accessible by car (2 minutes) and by foot (13 minutes).
The market towns of Attleborough and Wymondham are also within a few minutes drive and it is just 5 minutes from A11 major link road to Cambridge and London and 6 minutes from Attleborough train station again to Cambridge and London.
• Beautiful barns offering a great renovation project in a picturesque rural Norfolk village
• Plans for a four/ five bededroomed family conversion to exceed 2,080sqft
• Large plot of just over ¼ acre
• More than ample family parking
• Open countryside views
• Full planning permission applied for
Inspection By Viewing Is Essential
Seller: Peter Roche
return to Norfolk property listings
return to unconverted barn listings