Five bedroom barn conversion near Swansea, North Gower
Offers in the region of £600,000
The Barn sits in a generous plot with panoramic sea and countryside views and was originally converted in 1990. It was recently refurbished to provide ground floor open-plan living.
• Entrance hall with cloakroom and WC
• Family room and kitchen: a fabulous large open plan living area with double glazed door opening out on to the terrace, commanding beautiful views across the estuary.
The quality fitted kitchen has Silestone anti-bacteria counter tops including a Silestone breakfast bar with pendant lamps above. The built-in appliances include a Neff oven with large induction hob, small oven and microwave with plate warming drawer, a Neff dishwasher, two-drawer fridge, separate freezer and wine cooler. There's also a waste disposal drawer, pull-up Evoline power sockets and spot lights to ceiling.
The family room has a feature log burner on slate hearth, storage heater, double glazed arched ceiling to floor window with plantation shutters.
• Separate dining room with double glazed French doors opening out on to the terrace
• Study area with double-glazed tilt / turn window with plantation shutters. Storage cupboard, fitted desktop with 4 cable grommet holes with covers for IT / office equipment and separate BT phone line for internet connection. Two double power sockets.
• Utility room with inset stainless steel sink in base unit and plumbing for a washing machine and tumble dryer. Tiled floor and extractor fan.
• Bedroom five is a large double bedroom, ideal for guests with double glazed French doors opening out on to terrace and generous en-suite shower room.
• Landing with south-facing double glazed French doors, large airing cupboard with hot water tank.
• Lounge with west-facing double glazed French doors and two double glazed tilt / turn windows taking full advantage of seascapes, countryside views and amazing sunsets.
• Master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room with underfloor heating.
• Bedrooms two, three and four are all doubles with fitted wardrobes.
• Family bathroom with WC, wash basin, large bath with shower attachment and a large separate shower.
Insulated oak flooring throughout the ground floor living accommodation, solid oak doors, oak stairs and double glazing.
Exposed beams throughout the first floor.
Heating is provided by electric storage radiators and a wood-burning stove.
TV aerial cabling to all main rooms from central service point
The Barn sits in a generous plot commanding panoramic sea and countryside views.
To the rear of the property are two lawn areas, an elevated terrace and a parking area for several vehicles.
Two sheds, large log store, outdoor tap.
Mains water and electricity, telephone, mains sewer.
The barn is located in the Gower Peninsular, an area of outstanding natural beauty, beautiful beaches and walks. It is situated in the popular North Gower village of Llanmorlais which has a community hall and sporting amenities. Nearby Crofty village with mini market / post office and pub is within easy walking distance.
Local primary schools at nearby Penclawdd or Llanrhidian and highly rated secondary schools at Gowerton (5 miles).
Excellent road links to M4, the beaches of Gower and local amenities and the city of Swansea is just 12 miles away.
Seller: Ian Hodge
Phone: 07788 440254
return to South West Wales property listings