Four bedroom barn conversion near Wellington, Somerset
Converted 12 years ago to an extremely high standard and thereafter maintained in immaculate order, Oaklea is the largest of three converted barns. Although this stone and brick former barn with a pitched tile roof is attached, it presents as detached as the property and gardens are not overlooked.
Oaklea has over 2,800 ft2 (260 m2) of living space, a beautiful courtyard, patio and garden in 0.4 acre plot with stunning views. Surrounded by open countryside (wild deer, rabbits and sheep can be seen in neighbouring fields), it is just one mile from M5 J26 and the town of Wellington.
* Flagstone floor hallway
* Kitchen / diner with granite work surfaces, quarry tiled floor, 6-burner gas range, dishwasher, microwave, breakfast area and US style fridge/freezer
* Utility room with door to patio and space / plumbing for washing machine and separate dryer or freezer
* Dining room
* Triple aspect lounge with doors onto the patio and sun room, dual aspect brick gas fireplace, beamed ceiling
* Double height sunroom with doors to patio and garden, feature cathedral windows, door to garage and spiral staircase to mezzanine.
* Integrated double garage with electric doors, tiled floor, power and light, workbench and wall storage. Currently half is used as a gym
* Master bedroom with en-suite shower room and fitted wardrobes
* Two double bedrooms - one with fitted wardrobes
* Single bedroom
* Family bathroom (wood panelled with corner shower and sunken bath),
* Dual aspect mezzanine over garage and sunroom with lovely views over patio and beyond. Vaulted ceiling and stunning beams. Currently a study, but flexible in its use.
Fixtures & fittings
Oaklea has quality fittings including premium granite kitchen work surfaces, oak and natural stone flooring on the ground floor and travertine tiles in the bathroom.
Oak window frames and shutters throughout.
The kitchen, living room and master bedroom all have downlighters. There is plentiful storage throughout.
A short private gravelled driveway with electric gates leads a turning area, generous parking and access to garage.
Beautiful Mediterranean style patio with garden mainly laid to grass, flower beds, rockery, specimen grasses, bamboos and trees, water feature, stream, arge shed, carriage lamps, floodlights, oil tank, water butt, water points, oil boiler and gas cylinder house.
Location and amenities
Situated just 1½ miles outside Wellington (at the foot of the Blackdown Hills) which has shops and amenities for day to day living, e.g. three supermarkets, chemists, butchers, bakers, coffee shops, post office, hardware store, newsagents, dry cleaners, library, sports and leisure clubs, takeaways, health centre, restaurants and cafes, banks, doctors, vets and dentists, garages, schools.
Taunton is 10 minutes away with supermarkets, retail parks, superstores and fast rail links.
J26 of M5 is one mile away, Exeter and Exeter Airport 25 minutes, Bristol Airport 45 minutes, Bristol 55 minutes, North Somerset coast 40 minutes, West London 2½ hours.
Oil fired central heating, propane gas for range and living room fire, mains electricity, double glazing, private shared sewerage.
TDBC Rates – band E.
Walking, golf, horse riding, fishing, cycling, horse racing and flying facilities are all close at hand. There are many quality local country pubs nearby.
The Quantock Hills, Clarks Village, Glastonbury, Cheddar, Wookey Hole, Exmoor and the North Somerset coast are easily accessible.
Seller: Malcolm Robertson
Phone: 0777 574 2021
return to Somerset property listings