A luxury, newly converted barn near Hay-on-Wye, Herefordshire
Serenity Barn is a luxury 5/6 bedroom newly completed barn conversion near Hay-on-Wye, Herefordshire. The extensive and flexible accommodation, will enable a work / home layout and / or a “granny annexe” arrangement depending on family requirements.
There are two other properties nearby, one of which is Tranquillity Barn which we have already converted and sold.
The property is a substantial country residence providing:
• Five double bedrooms, three with ensuites (one on ground floor).The master bedroom also has a walk-in wardrobe
• Large living room with wood burner
• Kitchen / breakfast room with modern units and appliances
• Dining hall
• Central oak staircase encased in glass
• Substantial utility / boot room
• Family bathroom and cloakroom
• Office / study
• Quadruple open garage
The property incorporates many subtle design features to create consistency and flow throughout. These include colour, style and decorative choices. The overall vision is for a spacious, practical home with character and age, combined seamlessly with all the useful modern conveniences that technology now offers.
Here are some details about the fitments and standard of finish that you will find in Serenity.
• All doors and windows are made to measure in oak
• Green oak frames used throughout the property to form large glazed panels between the kitchen and dining hall and also to enclose the stairs
• Modern gloss kitchen with granite worktops. Kitchen incorporating NEFF appliances, coffee machine, microwave / grill, 2 x ovens with slide away doors, large stainless steel sink with instant boiling water tap, built in dish washer, built in fridge, built in freezer, built in large induction hob, built in extractor (hidden when not in use)
• High quality light fittings providing a choice of lighting options in most rooms
• Fully programmable underfloor heating to living areas
• Modern, attractive radiators with thermostatic valves in bedrooms and upstairs hall
• All bathrooms and ensuites have underfloor heating, designer towel radiators and motion sensor illuminated mirrors with demisters
• Very spacious master bedroom with triple aspect windows and views towards the black mountains and across the pond.
• Master ensuite with large walk in shower with stainless steel tower shower and radio with ceiling speakers
• Second ensuite with designer shower enclosure and blue-tooth receiver within the shower head to play music from your smart phone
• Floor tiles to ground floor are hard-wearing and practical
• Folding, sliding doors to rear of property, leading to patio. Bespoke, made to measure in oak
• 'Instant' hot water to all hot taps, using a recirculating hot water system (no waiting around for the water to run hot)
Externally, there is a large rear patio looking out across the valley towards the Black Mountains, together with paved terraces / paths all around the property. The gardens are substantial and incorporate a large lily pond.
The barn is accessed via a curving drive from a minor side road and is set in a plot of around 3/4 of an acre. There is ample parking and turning area, a large lily pond, full length rear terrace and gardens with views towards the Black Mountains.
The property is set in the small hamlet of Maesyronnen in a secluded but not isolated location close to the village of Glasbury and the world famous book town of Hay on Wye on the Herefordshire Welsh border.
Hereford is approximately 25 miles to the East and Brecon is approximately 12 miles away to the West.
For the latest position and lots more detail and photographs, please see our web site at www.freewebs.com/conversion21/
Seller: Annabelle Jones
Phone: 01600 890205
return to Wales barn listings
return to West Midlands property listings
return to Herefordshire property listings